Friends, Family and anyone who'd like to help. The Rio Hondo-Vernon Rotary Foundation is committed to services for our communities.
Our fundraising has been hard hit by the loss of in-person fund raising events due to the impact of COVID-19.
Yet, we continue to strive to provide food, activities for youth and an ambulance to our sister community in Baja California.
Please contribute to support Food boxes for low income families in need, Books for Low Income Elementary Schools and an Ambulance for our adopted impoverished community of Valle De Las Palmas in Baja , California and More!
Since 1929, Our Rotary Club has served our communities in Southeast Los Angeles County including the Bell Gardens, Commerce, Bell, Huntington Park, Vernon, Walnut Park and Maywood CA. Our Foundation, estaglished in 2004, raises funds for community services. We seek your support for:
- Food baskets at holiday time for over 100 families
- Purchase and distribution of books to approximately 25 low income Elementary Schools. Over 70,000 books given away to date. Our service includes reading to students by Rotarians and local Police and Fire volunteers.
- To provide Holiday cheer for low income Elementary School students
- Scholarships for local High School Seniors
- An Ambulance for an impoverished community in Baja California, desperately in need of emergency medical transportation to replace an old Ambulance no longer safe to operate.
Our amazing team of regulars and part-time volunteers are committed to helping others. We take our convictions and turn them into action. Think you would be a good fit? Get in touch for more information!
Seeing a need for energetic, nonprofit work in this area, we formed our organization to provide sensible solutions. We've consistently grown since then, all thanks to the helping hands of this amazing community!
We focus on making the maximum positive effort for our community. Our members and volunteers provide the momentum that helps us affect change. Using data driven models, we provide solutions that make a long-lasting difference.